Extended Learning Academy Facilitator
The lead facilitator and support facilitator will be primarily responsible for implementing and bringing to life classroom lessons! Both facilitators will assist the Site Coordinator in conducting youth development, educational enrichment and recreational activities that support intellectual, emotional, and character development.
• Provide group, individual and/or whole class instruction in reading, writing and mathematics
• Collaborate in planning with the site coordinator and curriculum coordinator in instruction and assessment in the areas of Language Arts and Mathematics
• Implement lessons based on course curriculum (review lessons in advance)
• Assist with recruitment and retention of students to maintain enrollment capacity
• Administer evaluation and assessment tools
• Review student work and provide feedback
• Maintain records related to program activities
• Attend meetings and training as required
• Support the monitoring and supervision of students by maintaining order and ensuring safety
• Develop classroom and behavioral management skills
• Foster a positive atmosphere in the classroom
• Collaborate with school faculty
• Fulfill duties as assigned
Documented experience (professional or volunteer) working with youth facing opportunity and achievement gaps. Ideal for current or retired teachers, counselors, paraprofessionals, or those with a background in education. Ideal for graduate, senior, or junior college students majoring in education, social work, psychology, religion, or desire to work with children. Professionals possessing a bachelor’s degree in education or social work fields are encouraged to apply. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Passionate about the honor of serving the South Memphis community of children and parents
Excellent Soft Skills: dependable, humble, flexible, problem solving, worth ethics, communications, time management, team player, emotional intelligence, positive attitude, professional demeanor, handles pressure
Capable of strategic and innovate thinking
Ability to understand and empathize with the needs of others
Willingness to work a daily afternoon (M-F) in an after-school/extended learning classroom setting
Enjoys being around school aged children, respects them as people and seeks to include them in fun learning activities
Schedule (depending on site and position) is either M-F 8:30am-2:30pm or M-F 9:30am-3:30pm
Summer Camp Facilitators are Employed from June 10th- July 19, but are given first priority in hiring for the School year Facilitator position from August-May.
Our kids and families are our #1 priority, and this must always be our mission and goal!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $13.00 /hour