The Culinary Instructor is responsible for teaching students the basics of gourmet cooking, along with the importance of daily nutrition. In addition, they should provide classes with a fun, conversational experience while cooking.
- Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of high school.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent knowledge, skill or development in cooking instruction/culinary classes.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in cooking instruction/teaching.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to provide exceptional service and to act as a leader in all culinary activities.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Adhere to safety procedures.
- Gather materials and cooking apparatuses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Demonstrate time management and detail‐oriented skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to learn from students’ participation, to demonstrate fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and to show compassion without being ineffectual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Hours and Compensation:
The position of Culinary Instructor is a part‐time position and is paid semi-monthly. The position is classified as a non‐exempt hourly employee status and will work 15 hours per week. The hours worked on a daily basis may vary.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $40,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Memphis, TN 38126: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Culinary experience: 1 year (Required)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location