Terms of Employment: Grant contingent.
Typical Week: Based on program design, hours are between 3 pm – 6 pm Monday and Fridays during the school year and 9am – 3pm during the summer. Some Saturdays will be required; time spent planning, coordinating activities; and providing direct service to youth.
Job Summary: The objective of the Best Buy Teen Tech Center is to teach students design thinking and creative problem solving while engaging them in challenges and opportunities in their own neighborhoods
- Facilitate Knowledge Quest (KQ) Teen Tech Center classes with high school students from our local schools
· Background in technology or skillfully inclined in any artistic field such as:
o Graphic Design/ Coding
o Robotics/ 3D Printing
o Music Production/ Songwriting
o Photography/Film Production
- Tech savvy and experience using equipment along with design programs
- Able to participate in activities and provide the youth with a supportive environment, maintain behavioral guidance, and implement appropriate consequences when disruptive behavior occurs.
- Logistics and coordinating design workshops, sessions and field experiences
- Hands-on work creating, organizing and leading sessions
- Day-to-day oversight of training the students and communication with direct supervisor
- Mange the design and preparation work to ensure that projects are complete
· Maintain and update any devices and other equipment throughout the center.
· Preparing and setting up the center before closing for future operation hours.
· Understanding the Clubhouse Network model and regulations through the Best Buy Teen Tech Center.
· Successfully work with and serve a diverse local community
· Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Proficiency with G Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides)
· Capable of strategic and innovate thinking
· Ability to understand and empathize with the needs of others
· Willingness to work daily within classroom
· High energy
· Enjoys being around school aged children, respects them as people and seeks to include them in fun learning activities
· Currently enrolled in computer science, computer science education, MIS, or a STEM related degree program is a plus
· Tutoring/mentoring experience is a strong plus
· Experience in software development is a plus
Knowledge Quest’s policies, programs, practices and procedures for hiring and employment adhere to all Local, State and Federal laws.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location