● Act as the primary support, mentor, and coach for participants as they develop specific technology skills, build work readiness skills, gain real-world experience through internship placements, and receive career guidance over time for jobs that can lead to broader opportunities in technology fields.
● Plan and implement short- and long-term workshops, given on a weekly basis, designed to build knowledge and skills for workforce readiness and technology.
● Serve as the primary contact for all program partners, mentors and volunteers as well as provide ongoing support for internship supervisors.
● Attend Immersion Week training in Boston (date TBD) to explore the Clubhouse learning model, build skills, and become familiar with TCN resources where C2C Pathways resources are shared.
● Assist with data collection and other information needed for evaluation including youth attendance, participation, workplace skills acquired, and technologies learned.
● Track program spending, balance budget, and complete Financial Report.
● Be an active team member within the Teen Tech Center staff, youth and community.
● Participate in regular video conferences with TCN, Best Buy, and staff from other Teen Tech Centers involved in C2C Pathways to Success.
● Attend and present at TCN Annual Conference (date TBD), along with facilitators at other sites.
● Communicate regularly with TCN Program Manager.
● Prepare program reports and support grant writing for the next C2C program year.
Desired Skills and Experience:
● Proven track record working with youth, in particular young people from underserved neighborhoods.
● Work experience in an informal learning environment.
● Strong and adaptable lesson planning, event coordinating, and facilitation skills.
● Experience with computers and interest in technology as a creative and empowering tool.
● Demonstrated ability to reach out to youth, parents, community leaders, and employers.
● Interpersonal skills, including an ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities and a talent for making people feel welcome and included.
● A passion for learning and helping others to learn.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 – $55,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location